The Octo Pramac MotoE rider, Alessandro Zaccone, has achieved a dramatic victory in his debut in the Red Bull Grand Prix of Spain, with which the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup has resumed its activity. The Italian overtook favorite Eric Granado (One Energy Racing) mid-race, after the Brazilian crashed at Turn 6, and has preceded Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) and defending champion Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) in the tense final laps.
Mattia Casadei, from Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse, was fourth, and Miquel Pons, from LCR E-Team, was last in the top five, the best performance of a rookie of 2021. One of the rides of the day was courtesy from 2019 World Cup winner Matteo Ferrari (Indonesian E-Racing Gresini MotoE), who managed to come back from the back of the grid to be sixth. Hikari Okubo (Avant Ajo MotoE) was seventh, before Andrea Mantovani (Indonesian E-Racing Gresini MotoE), María Herrera (Openbank Aspar Team) and Yonny Hernández (Octo Pramac MotoE) completed the top ten.
After an impressive performance at E-Pole 24 hours earlier, third, much was expected of 16-year-old Fermín Aldeguer. However, their first race ended in disappointment after a collision with Tulovic at Turn 6 that sent both of them to the ground.
RACE CLASSIFICATION (8 laps of 4,423 km, 35,384 km)
1. Alessandro Zaccone (ITA / Pramac) 14: 33.776
2. Dominique Aegerter (SUI / Intact) +0.419
3. Jordi Torres (ESP / Pons) +0.614
4. Mattia Casadei (ITA / Sic58) +4,273
5. Miquel Pons (ESP / LCR) +6.105
1. Alessandro Zaccone (ITA / Pramac) 25 points
2. Dominique Aegerter (SUI / Intact) 20
3. Jordi Torres (ESP / Pons) 16
4. Mattia Casadei (ITA / Sic58) 13
5. Miquel Pons (ESP / LCR) 11