The Spanish team said goodbye to the Euro 2020 with his head held high after falling in the penalty shootout against Italy at Wembley Stadium.
These are the most outstanding numbers that Luis Enrique’s team achieved, who remained at the gates of the grand final:
– 0 losses the Spanish team has suffered in this European Championship, in which they have played six games.
– 1 field player nothing else has run out of minutes in the current edition of the European Championship in the scheme of Luis Enrique: Diego Llorente. The rest of 21 footballers have debuted in the tournament. Among the three goalkeepers only Unai Simón has played. Neither David de Gea nor Robert Sánchez, who is still awaiting his international debut.
– 2 wins Spain has added, 0-5 to Slovakia at the La Cartuja stadium in Seville, at the close of the first phase, and 3-5 to Croatia in Copenhagen in the extension of the round of 16.
– 3 goals Álvaro Morata, the top scorer of this edition of the European Championship, has scored and who, with the three he scored in France 2016, has become the best scorer in the history of the national team in this competition, with six goals already ahead Fernando Torres, with five, and David Villa, who had scored four. In addition to Morata, in this tournament they have contributed goals Ferran Torres (2), Pablo Sarabia (2), Jordi Alba (1), Aymeric Laporte (1), Pau Torres (1), César Azpilicueta (1) and Mikel Oyarzabal (1 ).
– 4 draws Spain has accumulated on its way through the tournament, from 0-0 with Sweden and 1-1 with Poland, in the group stage, 1-1 with Switzerland, in the quarterfinals, and 1-1 with Italy , in the semifinals, with the difference that the first was won in the penalty shootout and the second fell 4-2 to be eliminated.
– 5 to 0 won Slovakia, the most comprehensive triumph in its history at the European Championship.
– 6 goals against has received Spain.
– 9 stops Unai Simón has starred in the tournament.
– 13 goals have been scored by Spain in the final phase of Euro 2020, more than any of his opponents so far and more than any of his predecessors in the national team in this tournament. His best records dated back to 2008 and 2012, when he was champion and scored 12 goals. He also broke the record for goals in two consecutive games, with his ten goals against Slovakia (0-5) and Croatia (3-5).
– 16 matches in the final stages of the Eurocopa adds Jordi Alba, who has equaled Cesc Fàbregas and Andrés Iniesta as the players with the most matches played in the tournament with Spain.
– 18 years and 201 days was Pedri when he debuted in Euro 2020 with the Spanish national team, on Monday June 14 against Sweden, to become the youngest Spanish player to play in the tournament, ahead of Miguel Tendillo, who debuted in 1980 at 19 years and 132 days .
– 66.8 ball possession Spain has managed, also superior to all the competitors in the tournament. The closest is Germany, 7.5 points lower, with 59.3 percent.
– 76.1 kilometers has traveled Pedri in this European Championship, unmatched so far for all the players in the tournament.
– 81 dribbles has made the Spanish team, one of the few statistics that does not dominate the tournament, in this case surpassed by both Italy and Denmark.
– 89.3 success the Spanish team has had in their passes, even with Germany, although with much less volume of attempts in the case of the German team, and more than any other team in the tournament.
– 100 fouls Spain has suffered, more than anyone, for the 72 it has committed.
– 111 auctions Spain has tried in this European Championship, 43 of them between the three sticks, 43 of them out, 6 to the sticks and 25 were blocked by their rivals, according to official statistics, which place it as the best all in that sense at this point .
– 267 balls have been recovered Luis Enrique Martínez’s team, based on his intense and inalienable high pressure. It also sets the pace in that sense at the Eurocup. The second in that section is Italy, with 249.
– 432 attacks, 116 more than Italy, Spain has proposed in the Eurocup, of which it is also the leader, as in the corners, with 47.
– 4,688 passes He has connected of the 5,239 that he has proposed throughout his six games in the competition. The next pick in completed shipments is Italy, with 1,695 less than Spain.