The victory this Sunday in the Metropolitan Wanda It is an obligation for a Real Madrid that comes from DJing at home against the Real society (1-1), but still alive in the title race, while Zinedine Zidane recovers to Karim Benzema, their best scorer, out of the last two days. For him Athletic, who will remain at the top regardless of the score, is a great opportunity: a victory would shoot their income over the meringues to eight points, which could be eleven if they win their duel at home next Wednesday postponed with Athletic, but, in addition, it would be a blow of authority for his leadership, once at the same distance he is pursued by the Barcelona.
These are the 10 most outstanding figures of the Madrid derby, according to OPTA statistics:
1. The Atlético de Madrid has added nine matches in a row without beating Real Madrid in LaLiga (5E 4D), his worst winless streak in a derby with Diego Pablo Simeone as a rojiblanco coach.
two. Atlético de Madrid have remained without scoring in their last three derbies against Real Madrid in LaLiga (335 minutes), since the goal of Antoine Griezmann in February 2019, and may suffer the worst unmarked streak of a team in the history of this Madrid derby in the competition (four matches
3. Real Madrid have not lost any of their three games in the Metropolitan Wanda in LaLiga (1V 2E), the only visiting team that has played in the new rojiblanco venue and remains undefeated in the competition.
Four. The Atlético de Madrid they have not lost in the last three times they have faced Real Madrid in LaLiga on matchday 26 (1V 2E), after having lost in three of the previous four (1V).
5. Atlético de Madrid have lost their last two home games in all competitions without scoring, and have not suffered three defeats in a row at home since February 2011 with Quique Sánchez Flores as a coach.
6. Real Madrid have won their last three LaLiga away games and can match their best record of consecutive away wins in the competition in the second stage of Zinedine Zidane (four in July 2020).
7. Zinedine Zidane he has not lost any of his three away games against Atlético de Madrid in LaLiga (1V 2E) and can become the second Real Madrid coach to not lose in his first four away derbies against the rojiblancos in the history of the competition after Luis Molowny in 1986 (3V 1E).
8. Diego Simeone he can become the Atlético de Madrid coach with the most wins in all competitions in history on his own after equaling Luis Aragones (both 308). The Argentine has needed 512 games to reach that figure compared to 612 for the Sabio de Hortaleza.
9. The Atlético de Madrid It is the LaLiga team that has gone the most minutes on the scoreboard at home this season (497) and Real Madrid has done it the most as a visitor (370).
10. The Atlético de Madrid striker, Luis Suarez, has scored nine goals in 12 meetings with the Real Madrid in LaLiga, more than any other player in the competition since his first campaign in 14/15.