The polish Iga Swiatek, champion last Sunday of the Adelaide tournament, won three places in the WTA ranking published this Monday, which continues to be led by the Australian Ashleigh barty ahead of the Japanese Naomi Osaka.
With 3,483 points, Swiatek climbs to position 15, the best ranking of his career. The 19-year-old Polish, winner of the last Roland Garros, is the only one in the Top-20 to progress.
The most important leap has been made by the American Cori gauff, semifinalist in Adelaide, who improved 14 places. The American, only 16 years old, climbed 14 positions and also reached the best ranking of her career: 38th with 1,632 points.
The australian Ashleigh barty, with 9,186 points, remains one more week as number one ahead of the Japanese Naomi osaka, winner of the Australian Open, which is second with 7,835, and the Romanian Simona halep, third with 7,255.
The first Spanish in the classification, and the only one in the Top-20, is Garbiñe Muguruza, who loses one position and is now 16th with 3,320. You have to go down to position number 70 to find the second Spanish in the classification, Sara sorribes, which adds up to 1,110 points, 66 more than Paula Badosa, 73rd with 1,044.
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 9,186 p
2. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 7,835
3. Simona Halep (ROM) 7.255
4. Sofia Kenin (USA) 5,760
5. Elina Svitolina (UCR) 5,370
6. Karolina Pliskova (RCH) 5,205
7. Serena Williams (USA) 4,915
8. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 4,810
9. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 4,735
10. Petra Kvitova (RCH) 4,571
11. Kiki Bertens (HOL) 4,505
12. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4,255
13. Jennifer Brady (USA) 3,765
14. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 3,535
15. Iga Swiatek (POL) 3.483 (+3)
16. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 3,320
17. Johanna Konta (GBR) 3,206
18. Elise Mertens (BEL) 3,060
19. Madison Keys (USA) 2,962
20. Marketa Vondrousova (RCH) 2,952
38. Cori Gauff (USA) 1,632
70. Sara Sorribes (ESP) 1,110
73. Paula Badosa (ESP) 1.044