Sandeep Lamichhane asks ECB for ‘clear answer’ after visa issues scupper his Hundred plans

News

Tabraiz Shamsi replaces the Nepal legspinner in the Oval Invincibles squad

Sandeep Lamichhane has urged the ECB to give him “a clear answer” after visa issues ruled him out of the Oval Incincibles’ side for the inaugural season of the Hundred.
In a statement posted on his Facebook page, Lamichhane said he was “extremely gutted” to miss the tournament – having previously been ruled out of the Vitality Blast at short notice because of similar reasons – and said that he had “followed all the instructions given to me by ECB officials”.
ESPNcricinfo revealed on Monday that Lamichhane had been told that his £60,000 contract with Invincibles was in doubt despite the fact that he was close to completing his mandatory ten-day quarantine in London following his arrival from Nepal, and the ECB confirmed on Wednesday that he had been replaced in the squad by Tabraiz Shamsi.

Source link