Real Madrid won a game again in which they lost possession

The Real Madrid, in one of his best matches of the season, achieved an advantage of two goals to put into franchise the quarterfinals of the Champions League against Liverpool (3-1). And he did, curiously, at the meeting in which he recorded his third worst data of the course in terms of possession ball: according to UEFA figures, the ball was merengue in a 47%while the remaining 53% of the time was held by Jurgen Klopp’s men.

The data also confirms that this Real Madrid he is not uncomfortable when he does not have the ball. So much so that the five games in which he has lost possession this season are over prevailing on the scoreboard.

According to Opta data, Real Madrid only made six crosses to the area in play during the entire match against Liverpool: two in the first half and four in the second. The figure contrasts with those of other meetings of the white team this year, in which the center “a la olla” has practically been their only offensive resource, often completely unproductive. In fact, none of the three white goals this Tuesday came as a center to the area and later shot.

The worst data registered it in the Sánchez Pizjuán, on matchday 12, to which Real Madrid came with a Zidane with the rope around his neck after losing to Alavés (1-2) and in Donetsk (2-0). That day the whites won 0-1 with a 36.9% of possession.

On matchday 17 of the League, in the first game of this 2021, played on January 2 against the Celtic in Valdebebas, ZZ’s men won 2-0 with a possession from 41%. With a little more ball but without winning the duel, with a 47.8%, they also prevailed in the Classic of the first round in the Camp Nou (1-3). And again with him Celtic as a rival, but this time in Balaídos, they were again below the 50% barrier (specifically in the 49%), which did not prevent them from also adding the three points (1-3).