Today, June 5, the World Environment Day in which the Un It seeks to sensitize the world population in relation to environmental issues, intensifying attention and political action. The main objectives are to provide a human context, to motivate people to become active agents of sustainable and equitable development; promoting the fundamental role of communities in changing attitudes towards environmental issues and promoting cooperation so that the environment is sustainable, since this will guarantee that all nations and people enjoy a more prosperous and secure future.
What can we do to take care of the environment?
one. Be a responsible consumer. Consume only what you need and end the life of the products, in other words: reduce, reuse and recycle.
2. Before you throw anything away, think whether it can be reused, recycled or repaired, or if it can be useful for another person.
3. Disconnect electrical appliances when they are not working.
Four. Use LED bulbs they last much longer than traditional bulbs and even fluorescent bulbs.
5. Avoid sprays containing CFCs and that they are responsible for the destruction of the ozone layer, or other gases that also contribute to the greenhouse effect.
6. To save water, install a double flush system in the toilet, since emptying the entire cistern involves spending 10 to liters.
7. Reduce the use of plastic. Carry a cloth bag with you so you don’t use plastic bags when shopping.
8. Separate your waste into at least organic and inorganic and if possible into recyclables (paper, aluminum, glass, cardboard, tetrapack, etc).
9. Do not use disposable items. The use of throwaway products can be avoided: plates, glasses, cutlery, etc. Replace them with tablecloths, plates, and glasses with washable or reusable materials.
10. Use a bicycle or public transportation. If you must use the car to go to work, share it with other colleagues.