The publication on Monday of the ATP world rankings confirmed what was already known. Serbian Novak Djokovic equaled the Swiss record Roger Federer of 310 consecutive weeks as number one in the world by appearing in the first position of the classification and will surpass him in the next one.
Nothing can prevent the Serbian, winner of the Australian Open, from breaking the record of Federer, since he has 12,030 points and cannot be surpassed by his pursuers, the Spanish Rafael Nadal, second with 9,850 points, or the Russian Daniil Medvedev, third with 9,735.
The only change in the top-20 is that the Belgian David goffin, winner of the ATP 250 in Montpellier, wins one place and is now 14th to the detriment of the Canadian Milos raonic.
After Rafael Nadal, the second Spanish in the classification is Roberto Bautista, 13th after losing the final in Montpellier precisely to Goffin.
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 12,030 p
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 9,850
3. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 9,735
4. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 9,125
5. Roger Federer (SUI) 6,630
6. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 6,595
7. Alexander Zverev (ALE) 5,615
8. Andrey Rublev (RUS) 4,609
9. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 3,480
10. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 3,480
11. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 2,910
12. Gaël Monfils (FRA) 2,860
13. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 2,770
14. David Goffin (BEL) 2,760 (+1)
15. Milos Raonic (CAN) 2,630 (-1)
16. Pablo Carreño (ESP) 2,585
17. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 2,575
18. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 2,535
19. Felix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 2,516
20. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 2,365