The Argentinian Juan Martin del Potro announced that this Wednesday he begins the rehabilitation process after undergoing surgery on Tuesday for the fourth time in less than three years on his right knee.
“Tell them that in a little while I’m going to my first rehab session and from now on I’m going to put everything in to play again,” he said ‘The tower of Tandil‘, 32, in several stories on his Instagram account, recorded from Chicago (United States).
Last Monday, Del Potro, champion of the US Open 2009 and former number 3 in the world, also announced through social networks that he was in that American city and that he had been talking with Dr. Jorge Chala about his situation for many months.
“One of the news is that tomorrow I am going to undergo another knee surgery. We have tried many alternative and conservative treatments and I did not have good results,” said the tennis player.
“With him we believe that the best option is surgery. He knows my desire to play tennis again, to be in the Olympics and that is why we decided that doing this as soon as possible is the best,” he explained.
Del Porto acknowledged this Wednesday that it is difficult for him to sleep with the orthopedic immobilizer that was placed on his leg.
“But I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much, from my heart, for all the strength that you send me,” he said.
It is the fourth surgery on the Argentine’s right knee, since he suffered an injury in October 2018.
The last one had been on August 26, 2020.
‘Delpo’ acknowledged on Monday that he is not going through “easy weeks”, remembering that since his father died on January 11, everything “costs a lot.”
“I felt the force that sends me from above to not lower my arms and to be able to get ahead of this that for many months has been bringing me headaches. Today the reality is this. I do not want to stop trying,” he added.