A cyclist dies from a bee sting that entered his mouth

A 49-year-old cyclist, a resident of Algemesí, has died as a result of a respiratory failure caused by a bee that entered his mouth by accident while driving on a road in the neighboring town of Polinyà del Xúquer and itch on the inside of the throat.

As reported on Tuesday by sources from the Emergency Information and Coordination Center (CICU), the event occurred around 11:45 a.m. on Sunday, April 25 when the man was cycling on the CV-505 road, which connects Algemesí with Albalat de la Ribera, at the height of the Finca de Sinyent, in the municipality of Polinyà de Xúquer.

The cyclist had the misfortune that the bee entered his mouth when he was doing a stage with a group of friends, who, after the incident, notified the Generalitat Emergency Center.

The emergency medical services displaced to the place performed resuscitation maneuvers on the man but could not reverse cardiorespiratory arrest, according to the CICU.

Although the results of the autopsy are still pending, Everything seems to indicate that the bite of the insect caused inflammation and that resulted in respiratory failure that ended the life of the athlete.